- 2K Games and Gearbox Software have announced the development of Borderlands 2.
- Broderbund has its Hoyle Card Games 2012, Casino Games 2012, and Puzzle and Board Games 2012 on sale. Each title is priced at $17.99.
- There is a new Sylvari video posted for Guild Wars 2.
- Matrix Games has announced the release of Field of Glory – Eternal Empire for the PC. It’s described as a faithful reproduction of Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system of the same name.
- Paradox Interactive posted some details on its upcoming free-to-play Salem MMORPG. Salem sounds like it has an interesting economic mechanism and a "permanent death" feature.
- Sega has announced a pre-order incentive for their Xbox 360 game Rise of Nightmares. Players who pre-order the game will receive an exclusive Mini-Zombie that will interact with the player’s Avatar on the Xbox 360 dashboard.
- Shrapnel Games has announced plans to release Bronze as a "cardboard game".
- Square Enix has released Drawin’ Growin’ for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It’s a casual game that involves a quest to return an island kingdom’s neglected flora back to its former glory.
- Take 2 Games announced NBA 2K12.
- Tecmo Koei has posted news for Ninja Gaiden 3, Dynasty Warriors 7, and Champion Jockey on their web site.
Tag Archive for shrapnel games
- Paradox Interactive has released Pirates of Black Cove, a new casual RTS RPG. It is available via "all leading digital distribution platforms" for $19.99 USD. Players of the game sail an open world and command a band of pirates in their quest to become King of All Pirates. A free demo is available for download.
- [Game Deal] Shrapnel Games’ August special includes Dominions 3: The Awakening at the price of $47.95 and winSPWW2 at $34.95.
- Wargaming.net has opened a European office.
- 2K Games posted the list of changes from its recent Duke Nukem Forever patch.
- NCSoft’s Guild Wars 2 page links to a new video that talks about the behind-the-scenes work done for the game’s audio.
Paradox Interactive has released a demo and tutorial videos for their Supreme Ruler: Cold War game.
Shrapnel Games has an "eight games for eight days" sale going on. Titles available in the sale include Air Command 3.0, Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity, Bronze, Raging Tiger: The Second Korean War, Scallywag: In the Lair of the Medusa, Space HoRSE, War Plan Pacific, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, winSPWW2, and World Supremacy.
THQ has posted information and screenshots for their upcoming Company of Heroes Online game for the PC.
Shrapnel Games announced on June 2 that they would be discounting two of their wargame titles: The Star and the Crescent and War Plan Pacific.
The Star and the Crescent features “the most detailed battlefield maps you’ll ever plan on in a commercial wargame” and very detailed combat. Reviewers have said that its AI is strong, the manual is comprehensive, and the high degree of customization makes it a gem. The game allows players to refight key battles of the Yom Kippur War using an enhanced version of the ATF engine. It also features battles from ‘56, ‘67, and January ‘73, along with two hypothetical future battles set in 2009. Normally priced at $39.95, it is currently on sale for $33.95. It is a Windows-only title.
War Plan Pacific puts players in the role of the supreme commanders of either the Japanese or Allied forces fighting for dominance of the Pacific during the Second World War. Players command the historical air, naval, and (abstractly) ground forces that fought in these battles. It is a Windows-only title. Normally priced at $39.95, it is currently on sale for $33.95.
Shrapnel Games has announced the availability of Brainpipe for the Macintosh. This single-player arcade-style game reportedly allows you to “relive the 60′s and 70′s without getting hassled by The Man”. It offers 10 levels of “ramping perlexity and oddness” with “eight distracting obstacles to avoid”. It’s described as “a plunge into unhumanity”. It requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later, a 700 MHz G3 processor, 128 MB of RAM, 40MB HDD, and a 32MB 3D video card.
There is also a Windows version, which requires a Pentium 1.8 GHz, 512MB of RAM, Windows XP or Vista, 50MB HDD, ATI Radeon 700+ or NVidia 6800+ video card, a Windows compatible sound card, and OpenGL 1.1 compatible drivers.
Shrapnel Games announced a new episodic series of modern warfare simulations for the PC, Battle Group Commander. Battle Group Commander: Episode One comes from ProSIM Company, and focuses pits a battle group (consisting of armor, infantry, artillery, and other assets) against a Soviet-style enemy in the Salisbury Plain Training Area of England. The game uses the same engine as ProSIM’s Air Assault Task Force game, and reportedly is as close to a professional grade simulation as can be purchased commercially.
The Shrapnel Games site is having a “Shrapnel Stimulus Plan” sale on a variety of their PC games. As of this writing, the sale includes the following titles and prices (and others not listed here):
- Air Assault Task Force ($38.95, 13% off)
- Air Command 3.0 Download Version ($33.95, 15% off)
- Air Command 3.0 Airport Expansion Pack ($14.95, 25% off)
- ATF: Armored Task Force ($36.95, 18% off)
- BCT Commander Safe Box Edition ($24.45, 25% off)
- Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity ($11.95, 20% off)
- Dominions 3: The Awakening ($47.95, 13% off)
- Raging Tiger: The Second Korean War ($36.95, 18% off)
- Remote Assault ($9.95, 33% off)
- Salvo v1.5 ($33.95, 15% off)
- Scallywag: In the Lair of the Medusa Download Version ($22.95, 23% off)
This is less than half the list of titles currently being discounted. If you need a PC game to keep you busy while you wait for the weather to get better, you may want to check out what Shrapnel has to offer.
The Shrapnel Games web site says that they’ve extended their sale until December 14, 2008.
A playable demo for War Plan Pacific is available, too.
The Shrapnel Games web site has announced their holiday sale event. Here are some of the details (see their site for more):
Save $4.00 on these Popular Titles:
Return to Infinite Space
The award-winning game
of galactic destiny,
conquest, love, and redemption
in twenty minutes or
Enhanced CD Edition
Classic tactical turn based
in the post-WW2 world.
Enhanced CD Edition
More tactical goodness but
set in everyone’s
favorite European war, the
Second World War.
Save $5.00 on these Goodies:
Air Assault Task
Modern day airmobile operations
showcasing their evolution from
Combined arms warfare at a
The Star and
Arab-Israeli conflicts, both
historical and hypothetical.
Save $6.00 on these Must Own Titles:
A strategy game that offers tense,
exciting gameplay in a world that
isn’t fantasy, WW2, or the
One of THE most talked
about fantasy turn-based
strategy titles ever released, praised
critics and fans alike.
From single ship duels to entire fleet
actions, this game has
to offer the virtual admiral.
Save $7.00 on these Games:
Armored Task Force
Detailed real world maps and
modeled weapon platforms brings
this digital battlefield to
The Falklands War:
Modeling combat down to bayonet charges,
entry features exciting scenarios using real
world maps and
Raging Tiger: The
Second Korean War
The next potential war in
Korea featuring an exciting
mixture of scenarios providing players
A tactical RTS set in the near future
three-dimensional terrain, realistic combat
modeling, and a
Inspired by the all-time classic,
M.U.L.E., this is a non-
violent game of space economics playable with
to four players at one computer.
In the Lair of the Medusa
dungeoncrawl, part dungeon
creation kit, this is a lot of gaming
Save Even More!
In addition to the savings found for the individual
titles if your order subtotal is $49.00 or more you will receive an additional
discount of 2% off your total order! And if your order subtotal is $99.00 or
more you will receive a discount of 5% off your order total!