- OffWorld Designs has produced a new Board Gamer T-Shirt that promotes the Creative Play Project, a non-profit organization committed to providing games to youth clubs and activity centers across the US.
- MaxMini has created a Facebook profile.
- The Dial Dude has added 15mm Corner Ruins to the product catalog.
- Wright Brothers R/C has added a laser-etched wooden British Grenadier Firing Template made of 1/8 inch thick Baltic birch plywood to their product line.
- Dwarven Forge, makers of excellent 3D gaming terrain, has posted some videos to YouTube.
- Geek Chic, the folks who make some gorgeous hardwood gaming tables, have posted information and photos of some of their new products.
- Jon Brazer Enterprises recently released PathFinder: Protected Cities of Shadowsfall, a supplement for the Pathfinder and Traveller RPGs.
- Arkham Bazaar has added an Elder Sign Holiday Ornament, The Whisperer in Darkness DVD, The Dreamer Awakes Tote Bag, and H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction to their product catalog.
- Renaissance Fashions has added The Gothic Tarot, Odin Sculpture, Leather Lace Front Bodice, and Classic Victorian Corset to their product catalog recently.
- BrickForge, which makes custom Lego-compatible products, reminds everyone that they can order gift certificates from the shop.
- The Cosplay Deviants site has posted images of some of their models in holiday garb.
- T-shirt maker Shark Robot has listed a number of new designs recently. If you enjoy humorous pop culture t-shirts you may want to check them out.
- Stylin’ Online has added a lot of new products also, including a Big Bang Theory Bazinga hoodie, Green Lantern robe, Batman robe, Superman robe, Star Trek Uhura junior robe, Wonder Woman yoga pants, Star Wars yoga pants, Doctor Who Pandorica Opens shirt, and other items featuring World of Warcraft, the Simpsons, Sesame Street, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and more.
- The Five Wits “Artistic Geekery” shop has added some new wig styles and limited edition wigs to their store.
- The Goblin Trader’s Etsy shop includes a bunch of new items, including a Dragon Eye Pocket Watch, Silver Pirate Journal, Tentacle Creature bottle, and more.
Archive for Gaming Accessories
- Gale Force Nine (GF9) has released an official Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master’s Mat Set which contains two vinyl game mats for staging encounters and adventures.
- Q Workshop has released two new products recently, a Black Pentagram Dice Bag and a set of Metal D6 Dice.
- Sharkrobot.com has added several new shirt designs recently, all of which are available for pre-order, including Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack, Twilight, My Little Ponyta, Fluttershy, Shelly Bike, and Cowgirl.
- STL Ocarina has added some new products and placed a few on sale, including their Purple Clay Double Ocarina, 12 Hold Tenor Ocarina with bag and songbooks, Double Ocarina with a Range of Two Octaves, and an instructional DVD on how to plan an Ocarina.
- The good folks at Tshirtbordello have added some new designs recently, including Mudders Milk, Powerloader Exoframe (as in Aliens), Serenity Green Tea, and Cyrano Jones’ Tribble Farm.
- Who North America has the UFO Series "Complete Megaset" on sale on DVD for $29.95. Also on sale is a 12" radio controlled Davros, 12" Judoon Captain, an Animatronic Cyber Leader Room Guard and several other interesting Dr. Who and Sci-Fi related products.
- Arkham Bazaar has added several new products to their catalog, including an R’Lyeh Rising woodcut t-shirt, Arkham County Coroner t-shirt, Cthulu Fish t-shirt, Cthulu fhtagn decal pack, and more.
- BrickForge has added glow-in-the-dark space marines and others.
- Cosplay Deviants has decided to proceed with its trading card game. They will begin demoing the game at Dragon*Con. The cards will picture photos of their models.
- EpicTable has started Beta 11 of their virtual RPG tabletop software.
- Gale Force Nine (GF9) has released Dungeons and Dragons maps for The Forgotten Realms and Eberron – Continent of Khorvaire. The maps are 30" x 42" and printed on vinyl, which can be marked with wet-erase markers.
- Gamer Concepts has added several humorous new t-shirts, including some with Star Wars and D&D themes.
- Jon Brazer Enterprises has made the second printing of the Book of River Nations: Complete Player’s Reference for Kingdom Building available through DriveThruRPG/RPGNow and Paizo.com.
- SharkRobot has added some new t-shirts and hoodies to their product line.
- Stylin’ Online has added new shirts to their comic book, movies, sci-fi, TV shows, cartoons, video games, and music lines.
- The Goblin Trader’s shop on Etsy lists a Gold Ankh Journal and Silver Dragon Journal to their product catalog.
- Tshirtbordello has added a Space Invaders Strike Back shirt and Women’s Lemon Grenade t-shirt to their product line.
Itar’s Workshop has added three new terrain products: Bedroom Furniture, Rectangular Table with Chairs, and Two Wheel Cart.
Tshirtbordello first caught my attention at Origins 2011. The shirts in their collection were unique designs that didn’t resemble the others I’ve seen at conventions in the past. For example, consider the following:
To me, this was an amusing design on a couple of levels. It’s a Star Wars parody, but at the same time it’s poking fun at the Android/iOS rivalry. (It doesn’t hurt that I dislike the heavy-handed, tight-fisted control Apple places over the iOS platform.) I had to buy one.
A similar shirt combined Star Wars and Doctor Who references into a single image:
Another parodies sports and Battlestar Galactica in one design:
One shirt is sort of a statement on itself and gaming at the same time:
Tshirtbordello also does posters, mugs, glasses, and caps with various designs. For example, consider the glass below, which features artwork from the fictional Overlook Hotel where Jack Nicholson’s character in The Shining went insane:
Aside from the fact that Tshirtbordello’s stuff tends to be very clever, another thing that I like about them is that their prices are more reasonable than some of the t-shirt vendors seen at conventions. For example, the glass above is $9.99. The shirts are typically priced at $14.99. The stuff is all good quality as well. My "Death Star" t-shirt has been worn and washed many times and still looks as good as the day I bought it. They use heavy-weight Gildan and Anvil 100% cotton shirts for men and American Apparel and Bella shirts for women. With exceptions based on their inventory, they offer shirts in sizes from small to 4X (larger sizes cost a few dollars more).
On the company’s web site, they routinely post specials where their products are offered at significantly reduced prices. At the time of this posting, for example, you can pick up the women’s version of my Android shirt for $9.99, a Winchester Tavern glass (Shawn of the Dead reference) for $4.99, or the South Park "Coon and Friends" t-shirt for $9.99.
Tshirtbordello is one of those sites I’ll be keeping an eye on here at Gamer Hotsheet. As they offer new specials or add interesting products to their line, I’ll be mentioning them here in the Gaming Accessories news area.
Note: I did receive a free poster from Tshirtbordello at Gen Con 2011. The editorial content of this article was NOT influenced by that gift. I really do like their products and believe that they are some of the more interesting designs I’ve seen.
According to their web site, Dark Platypus will be taking part in the Gen Con 2011 convention (which is where I’m headed as I type this – someone else is driving of course).
They will be located in Exhibit Hall booth #405, which they’re sharing with Hydra Miniatures. You might know Hydra from their Retro Raygun or War Rocket products.
The booth will also host a few products from the very nice folks at Red Shirt Games (whose games I make a point of playing when I can).
- Arkham Bazaar has added a Cthulu Bandana to their product line.
- BradyGames has released an e-guide for the Captain America Super Soldier game.
- Gale Force Nine (GF9) announced a partnership with MERCS Miniatures to launch a line of game accessories for their debut miniature skirmish game MERCS.
- [Game Deal] Sabol Designs is offering all Continental U.S. customers who place an order between August 4 and 7 (Gen Con timeframe) an additional 25% discount if they use the order code "heatwave".
- The Nafziger Collection has added Indian Frontier Warfare, The Toad King, and European Military Adventures of Hindustan to their product catalog recently.
The Cryptozoic Entertainment web site offers two free downloadable desktop patterns for your computer, showing artwork from their Food Fight game.
- BradyGames has released the electronic and paper editions of their F.E.A.R. 3 Strategy Guide.
- Gale Force Nine (GF9) is assisting the Heroes of Armageddon charity project to benefit Doctors Without Borders. This is a chance to win one of four 3000-point Warhammer 40K armies painted by top painters.
- Jon Brazer was recently interviewed by Flagons and Dragons.
- Litko Game Accessories is now offering a set of “Steampunk Horror Tokens” that are compatible with the Malifaux system from Wyrd Miniatures.
The Wargame Vault has added a number of new products to their catalog recently, including:
- Victory Decision: WWII German Technical Manual from A.D. Publishing
- Inventor’s House Paper Model from Dave Graffam Models
- Template: Frames from Sade
- Retro Space Set Two: The Imperiax from Okumarts Games
- Pipeline from Finger and Toe Models
- Chronicles of Blood – Scenario Pack #1 from Crystal Star Games
- E-Z Battlefields: 15mm Trenches from Fat Dragon Games
- AE-WWII Basra: 1946 from Darkson Designs
- AE: Bounty from Darkson Designs
- AE-WWII Occult Expansion from Darkson Designs
- Under the Castle bundle from Lord Zsezse Works
- Battlemap – Kryos Family Crypt from Lord Zsezse Works
- Unbridled Fury from Furidion Games
- Retro Space Set One: Space Patrol from Okumarts Games
- Observatory Free Paper Model from Dave Graffam Models
- Chronicles of Blood – Heroes of the Battlefield from Crystal Star Games
- (and lots more)
- BradyGames has released a strategy guide for Duke Nukem Forever.
- Gale Force Nine (GF9) has released new HeroClix Battle Maps for use with WizKids’ game.
- Jon Brazer Enterprises has posted pictures from PaizoCon.
- Maxmini posted an article about using CAD software to design models for gaming.
- Offworld Designs has their Gen Con and Origins logo items for sale and have added several new shirt and bag designs.
- Q-Workshop has added a new black Call of Cthulu dice bag and The Witcher 2 Dice to their product catalog.
- Sabol Designs, which produces cases for transporting miniatures, posted a customer testimonial about a group of Warhammer 40K minis that survived a category 5 tornado inside their case.
- The Terrain Guy has a number of items on sale.
Avalanche Press is currently offering free shipping “at least in the United States” on any order containing only books or supplements (any number of them). If you’ve been holding off on purchasing any of their products you may want to take advantage of the deal.
The Nafziger Collection has added the following items to its product line recently:
THE RELIEF OF CHITRAL 1895
WARS OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION VOL 11 – JULY – 31 DECEMBER 1799
ORDER OF BATTLE SOVIET ARMY WORLD WAR 2
Vol. 15 – Korsin-Cherkassy Pocket January-February 1944
Vol. 16 – Struggle for the Panther Line March-April 1944
Vol. 17 – Iassy-Kishinev Offesive May-June 1944
Vol. 18 – Operation Bagration July-August 1944
Vol. 19 – Belgrade Offensive September-October 1944
Vol. 20 – Budapest Offensive November-December
THE FOREIGN LEGION
Gale Force Nine (GF9) has released two new Battle Maps for the WizKids HeroClix Collectible Miniature Game. The maps are printed on vinyl, support the use of wet-erase markers, and lie flat on the table. They are shipped rolled in a plastic tube.
Each of the two maps is 36” x 24” in size. They’re available at local game stores as well as the GF9 online store.
BradyGames released a strategy guide for L.A. Noire a short time ago and more recently released the World of Warcraft Cataclysm Atlas.
If you play either of these games, the guides may provide useful tips and tricks to improve your enjoyment.
Gale Force Nine has added a new product to their Battlefield in a Box line of painted tabletop gaming terrain. The latest entry is the Elven Tower. The tower is almost 17 inches tall, 4.25” round at the base, and the doorway peaks are just under 3 inches high. It is currently priced at $50 in the GF9 Online Store.
- Black Lion Decals recently added Dutch roadsigns, Brazilian Army, Raid on Dieppe, and Mark V Tank decal sets to their product line.
- BradyGames has released a Thor: God of Thunder Official Strategy Guide
- Gale Force Nine has released the first in their line of Battlefield in a Box terrain sets, The Tree of Woe.
- The Game Publishers Association is taking nominations for the Gaming Genius Awards to "recognize genius, creativity, ingenuity, and tenacity in developing products and ideas that have enhanced the game hobby market in one or all ways…"
- Jon Brazer Enterprises has released Pathfinder: Book of the River Nations, which features information about exploration, kingdom building, mass combat, and more in this environment.
- Litko Game Accessories has added an additional set of tokens to its 4E Action Token set, giving customers 5 of each token in the set at no additional price.
- Offworld Designs has added a Bag of Holding Backpack to their product line. Priced at $35 (as of this writing), the bag features an image of several gaming dice and the phrase "Bag of Holding".
- The Dial Dude is reportedly selling his new counter dials very quickly and is willing to do custom camo patterns at no additional cost according to a recent post.
Mayday Games announced that it is still taking pre-orders for its "almost-a-penny" Ultra-Snug™ card sleeves. The sleeves will become available on May 11, 2011.
They also have a restock of Crokinole arriving on May 11, and their Premium Crokinole boards will release the same day. I had the opportunity to try this game at Gen Con 2010. The gist of it is that you have a very smooth, sharp-looking circular wooden board. You try to slide wooden pucks across the board, past metal pegs stuck into it, hoping to get your puck in the center and knock out your opponents.
Mayday said that their booths at Origins 2010 and Gen Con 2010 were so popular that they plan to be back this year, with even larger booths.
They also released a Tribal Dice Set to go with it: